Translate

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Grow old with me!


First off, here's wishing Lulupu a very happy first birthday! I decided to enter myself in the Lulupu Challenge #10. It's been on my mind since the day I saw the challenge. The catch is that you have to take inspiration from one of their DT members and any one of their creations. Now that's tough as: 1) the DT members are extremely talented and 2) you don't want to be a copy cat.

The card I chose as inspiration is by Ujjwal. I absolutely love this card and fell in love with it the moment I saw it and have been a follower of her blog ever since! The card that inspired me is this one:


and what I've come up with is this:


I die cut the flower  and leaf and stamped over it with the coordinating stamp set from PPRS-Hibiscus, then coloured it in using Staedtler Luna colour pencils. I misted it with plain water (since the pencils are watercolour pencils it created a nice effect) and let it dry.


I embossed a plain black cardstock using the Polka Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug. For the base I chose a plain white cardstock and scored it to create lines at the top and bottom. I layered a white paper doily and then the black cardstock and stuck the flower and leaf in place. I added a beautiful sentiment from Fiskars Clear Stamps (Wedding) and then some pearls in colours reflective of the other colours in the card.




Thanks for stopping by and do leave me your comments!

4 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful.. a nice take on the original..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the entry but as per the rules u must pick a card of the participating DT from their work on lulupu blog only :)

    Thank for joining Lulupu Challenge#10

    PS Please reenter your name again as we have updated the inlinks :)

    ReplyDelete