Translate

Thursday 7 March 2013

Let's Party


Hello Everyone! Today I decided to play along with Retro Sketches Challenge #53:


and also Lawnscaping Challenge #53 - Texture. Funny how they're both #53!

I created a "let's party" card using a lilac and black theme along with some mustard and pink for pop colours. 


The base cardstock is lilac and i embossed it using the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. I created a border using strips of black cardstock. The black panel in the middle is a handmade paper cardstock. I cut strips in it using my craft knife and weaved the strips of coloured paper through it. 



All the strips are differently textured as well. I added some hand-drawn stars with white gel pen and layered some star stickers on punched out circles to top the weaved strips. I added some alphabet stickers to spell, 'let's party' and some white dots around the center panel, et voila!







Thanks for stopping by and do leave me your comments! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the weaving!!! All of the texture really makes the colors pop!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!! love your quilted banners soo much. Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the texture challenge! Love it! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete