Translate

Wednesday 27 February 2013

A True Friend is what I have in you


I wanted to make a card with subtle tones and a muted elegance. This card is made with the pale pink cardstock from yesterday. This time i used two different types of patterned papers,  stitching, paper rosettes and a cutout butterfly. I also embossed the patterened paper.


 I started off by embossing the sea shell patterned paper using the Cuttlebug Spirals Embossing Folder and then sticking it on to the base cardstock and adding stitching at the bottom through holes I pre-punched in the paper with a needle. I added a sentiment from a clear stamp set (I forget the company, mostly Prickley Pear)

Close up showing embossing on the card

Showing detail of stitching with black thread
 I then cut the black patterned paper into wide strips for the top and the inside of the card and stuck those in place too.

Showing inside of the card with patterned paper detail
I made paper rosettes in two different sizes out of black cardstock and added a white and beige rhinestone in the middle.

Rosettes and cutout butterfly

Sentiment and butterfly
I hope you enjoyed the card and thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment