Translate

Thursday 28 February 2013

Love Journal

Today I'm sharing a 'Love' journal i created. It is made with a mix of plain and patterned card stock and lots of embellishments, tags, little envelope pockets and stamping. It is held together with binder rings I bought from A1 Craft Supply and all my stamps were bought through them as well. All my patterned paper, scrapbooking elements and stamping inks of various companies were bought through Lulupu - The Craft Lounge. And my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch and various other crafting goodies were bought from Mansi of Die Cuts and More. 

Ok, with that out of the way, let's get started on what i've created. I guess you could call this an upcycle, altered project as the base for the entire journal is cereal boxes. I cut the boxes into rectangles of 6'X8" first. I then hand selected patterned papers from my various paper stacks and cut them into 6"X8" or in some cases 5"X8" so that I could add a 1" strip of a different patterned paper for the margin. I punched the edge of the cover page with the Doily Edge Punch from Martha Stewart.


I then distressed some edges like on the red page above and below, but I don't own distress inks, so I deviced a method where I cut a bit of cotton, dab it in my ink pads and rub onto the edges. The result was none too shabby, if I may say so myself.


All the scrapbooking elements added to this project are from the You and Me page kit.

I added a spaces for journalling and photos. I layered flowers from Itsy Bitsy and stuck a matching rhinestone in the middle. These appear in quite a few different places. Now I'll let the photos speak for themselves shall I?















Showing details and special elements, I've added special touches on almost every page, there's a lot of hand doodled elements as well.







Pretty flower


Space for journalling


A little confetti rain


Squares to tick


Two tags in their cosy little pouch


Envelope to hold message/journalling


Stamped sentiment


Tag






Thanks for stopping by!





3 comments: